Remdal is seeking an individual to join our team as project manager and estimator.
Remdal is a property renewal services company based in Surrey, BC. We primarily serve managed properties in the Lower Mainland (from Chilliwack to Squamish). In addition to interior and exterior painting, our skilled technicians perform concrete repairs, sealant renewal, urethane membrane renewal, wood repairs, and hazardous materials abatement. Customers trust Remdal because we deliver excellence and ace communication as we fulfill our promise: Your Project, Done Right.
You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to understand customer’s needs and turn them into opportunities, and the desire to excel in a growing team.
You are highly motivated, able to carry significant estimating and project management responsibilities and see the value of our company culture and core values.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Your primary task will be meeting customers and estimating projects onsite, along with project management of work awarded
- Develop trusted relationships with our clients (property managers, strata council members, inspectors, etc.)
- Estimate potential projects, understanding bid specifications and assessing site-specific requirements – including (but not limited to) safe access requirements, surface preparation, specialty products, labour, and materials
- Build caring, trusted relationships with other Project Managers and Foreman teams (www.remdal.com/about-remdal/our-team/) to assist in the management of projects, from details and budgets to monitoring and ensuring our service performance
- Clear, proactive, and continual communication with our customers in all aspects of the project, including job setup, ongoing project visits, solving of project issues, and regular project reports
- Financial administration including the monitoring of project costs, project invoicing and payment approval
- Cultivate product, systems, safety, and industry knowledge (upholding Remdal’s tradition of being an industry leader)
Education: University, college, or technical school experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and/or professional experience in a construction trade is preferred
- Project management experience (in any industry) and experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Working at heights will be required
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent
- Eager self-starter and self-manager who excels at time management
- Possess a keen eye for detail
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback
- A comprehensive grasp of conversational and written English
Project Manager / Estimators regularly work 45 to 50 hours per week. During peak periods, additional hours may be required. Working hours will generally be from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; however, customer contacts and meetings may occur during evening or weekend hours.
Compensation is individually arranged, commensurate with your experience and qualifications. Vehicle and cell phone allowances, along with other benefits, are provided by Remdal. Please e-mail your cover page and resume to [email protected], attention Human Resources.