Remdal is seeking an individual to join our team as a Construction Estimator with an immediate focus on our Painting Division.
Remdal is a property renewal services company based in Surrey, BC. We primarily serve managed properties in Metro Vancouver (from Chilliwack to Squamish). In addition to interior and exterior painting, our skilled technicians perform concrete repairs, sealant renewal, urethane membrane renewal, wood repairs, and hazardous materials abatement. We have added custom interior renovations and are looking to expand further into new construction markets. Customers trust Remdal because we deliver excellence and ace communication as we fulfill our promise: “Your Project, Done Right.”
You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to understand customer’s needs and turn them into opportunities, and the desire to excel and collaborate in a growing team.
You are highly motivated, able to carry significant estimating responsibilities, and see the value of our company culture and core values.
Take charge of your career through collaborative vision-controlled career pathways, where you can grow, thrive, and lead.
Duties and responsibilities
Your primary task will be meeting customers, attending job sites, compiling & submitting RFI’s, completing & submitting competitive bids, following up and being creative with incentives to land projects. Once a project is landed, you are responsible to coordinate with a Project Manager to hand the project over.
- Develop trusted relationships with our clients (property managers, strata council members, inspectors, etc.)
- Build caring, trusted relationships with other Estimators, Project Managers and Foreman teams to assist in the handover of projects, from details and budgets to monitoring and ensuring our service performance.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to identify market trends and chase down potential leads
- Clear, proactive, and continual communication with our customers, project managers and Foreman teams.
- Financial administration including the forecasting of project costs, payouts and commissions.
- Cultivate product, systems, safety, and industry knowledge (upholding Remdal’s tradition of being an industry leader)
- Estimating of potential projects, understanding bid specifications & drawings, and assessing site-specific requirements – including (but not limited to) safe access requirements, surface preparation, specialty products, labour, and materials.
- Recognize and prioritizing safety as you complete and estimate
- Education: University, college, or technical school experience (Bachelor’s degree or Construction Estimating Certificate preferred)
Experience and Skills:
- A good team fit, both hungry & humble
- Eager to please customers and serve others first
- Knowledge and/or Professional Experience in painting or another construction trade is preferred
- Have a systematic and organized approach towards work
- Ability to gain insight into various Remdal task processes regarding execution of our construction processes
- Strong spoken & written skills, such as the ability to lead strata presentations
- Enjoy a sales role as the front-facing representative for Remdal
- Strong technical abilities – read specifications, technical & legal documents, prepare professional bid proposals and estimates
- Project logistical knowledge, including:
- Understanding the steps and stages of a project
- Ability to methodically think through site-related activities
- Facilitate & lead others in best practices
- Evaluate and encourage productivity
- Prioritize safety
- Effectively handover a project to a Project Manager
- Critical thinking and problem solving, with the ability to think on your feet to assist moving the project ahead
- Relational / people skills with customers, Foremen & their crew, Remdal team, & all other shareholders
- Office & computer skills. Comfortable spending time in-office and on the road, with strong abilities in Excel, Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint.
- Digital takeoffs and a passion for technological advances in estimating an asset
Project Estimators regularly work 40 to 50 hours per week. During peak periods, additional hours may be required. Working hours will generally be from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; however, customer contacts and meetings may occur during evening or weekend hours.
Pay / Remuneration
Compensation is individually arranged, commensurate with your experience and qualifications. Vehicle and cell phone allowances, along with other benefits, are provided by Remdal.
Please e-mail your cover page and resume to be considered to [email protected], attention Sarrah Pennington.