Remdal is seeking an individual to join our team as project manager and estimator.
You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to understand customer’s needs and turn them into opportunities, and the desire to excel in a growing team.
You are highly motivated, able to carry significant estimating and some project management responsibilities and see the value of our company culture and core values.
Duties and responsibilities
Your primary task will be meeting customers and estimating projects onsite, with some project management of work awarded.
- Develop trusted relationships with our clients (property managers, strata council members, inspectors, etc.)
- Estimate potential projects, understanding bid specifications and assessing site-specific requirements – including (but not limited to) access, surface preparation, specialty products, labour, and materials
- Build caring, trusted relationships with other Project Managers and Foreman teams to assist in the management of projects, from details and budgets to monitoring and ensuring our service performance
- Clear, proactive, and continual communication with our customers in all aspects of the project, including job setup, ongoing project visits, solving of project issues, and regular project reports
- Financial administration including the monitoring of project costs, project invoicing and payment approval
- Cultivate product, systems, and industry knowledge (upholding Remdal’s tradition of being an industry trend-setter)
- University, college, or technical school experience (degree preferred)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent
- Project management experience (in any industry)
- A comprehensive grasp of conversational and written English
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback
- Practical experience in construction and painting preferred
Project Manager / Estimators regularly work 45 to 50 hours per week. During peak periods, additional hours may be required. Working hours will generally be from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; however, customer contacts and meetings may occur during evening or weekend hours.
Pay / Remuneration
Compensation is individually arranged, commensurate with your experience and qualifications. Vehicle and cell phone allowances, along with other benefits, are provided by Remdal.
Please e-mail your cover page and resume to [email protected], attention Human Resources.