Remdal is seeking a Painting Operations Manager to lead our Painting Operations team.
Remdal is a property renewal services company based in Surrey, BC. We primarily serve managed properties in the Lower Mainland (from Chilliwack to Squamish). In addition to interior and exterior painting, our skilled technicians perform concrete repairs, sealant renewal, urethane membrane renewal, wood repairs, and hazardous materials abatement. Customers trust Remdal because we deliver excellence and ace communication as we fulfill our promise: “Your Project, Done Right.”
This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to our Senior Manager of Operations, Dan Schmidt. Compensation is commensurate with your experience and qualifications. Vehicle and cell phone allowances, along with other benefits, are provided by Remdal. Hours for this position are typically 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; however, customer contacts and meetings may occur during evening or weekend hours. During peak periods, additional hours may be required to support our team and serve our customers.
The mission of the Painting Operations Manager is to lead and support our Painting Operations team, which includes project managers, foremen, and field staff. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build caring, trusted relationships with our Painting Operations project managers and foremen, demonstrating our commitment to teamwork and support
- Lead, manage, and hold our Painting Operations team accountable as they set and achieve annual and quarterly targets, both as individuals and as a squad
- Monitor internal data to identify squad strengths and opportunities for growth
- Foster Remdal’s relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Represent the Painting Operations squad at senior-level meetings, integrating company targets with those of the squad
- Visit ongoing projects to monitor our squad’s performance, particularly focusing on customer service and quality of workmanship
The successful candidate for this position will lead by listening. He or she will encourage team members by interrogating their strengths and offering opportunities for them to actively pursue growth. As Remdal continues to grow, this individual will play a pivotal role in charting this department’s future and elevating our team’s performance to higher levels.
- A clear communicator, with strong speaking and writing abilities.
- Technologically savvy. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members of all ages and experience.
- The courage to prompt crucial conversations when needed and the heart to do so with care for all involved parties.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, continuing education, or technical certification is preferred.
- Experience and Values:
- Knowledge and/or Professional Experience in painting or another construction trade is preferred
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Resonate with Remdal’s core values and mission
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
In your cover letter, let us know why you will be an exceptional addition to our team now and how you will lead our growth in the years to come.
We look forward to reading about your experience and meeting with you soon.
Find out more about our current team: https://www.remdal.com/about-remdal/our-team/